Originally Posted By: Mark
If I remember correctly - and I could be wrong... Isn't this the man that was caught in Sicily during a Carabinieri raid that also netted actual typed out pages detailing "The 10 Commandments of The Mafia" - as the media dubbed. BTW - there was a documentary on NatGeo channel a couple of years ago about those "commandments" that is very good. I think it was a 2 hour thing.

Well, he was on "the run" for 43 years, pretty much in his same town the whole time, in Corleone. His wife and family would bring things to him and finally was tracked down that way. He was responsible for masterminding and carrying out the murders of justices, Borsellino and Falcone, along with Riina.
He's serving life sentences, convicted in absentia, under article 41-bis, meaning he will be in isolation for the rest of his life in prison. He's supposedly suffering from colon cancer and his son, Angelo, is trying to get him out of isolation and moved to where he can get better care.
As i posted in the vid above, Provenzano's recent plea of suffering from dementia, has been denied.
Provenzano would get better care and be taken out of isolation, if he will speak, but he won't, and never will.

Last edited by carmela; 03/19/12 01:05 PM.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.