I don't think there is any drastic or immediate action that should be taken with the Colombo's but the Persico element of leadership behind bars is useless. The Persico triangle should step from the throne and let the day-to-day hierarchy over see the family.

I posted not too long ago my personal preference about the Colombo leadership:

Originally Posted By: Parisi
Persico is one of the worst LCN bosses to grace New York. While I can respect the pride the Colombo guys have in themselves and their "code" the Persico leadership has done nothing but put the Colombo's in a bad position, and has made them the laughing stock of the commission. Especially since Carmine's staunch refusal to step down from the throne.

Persico refused to step down despite a war over his poor leadership and nearly crippled the Colombo's by installing his idiot of a son as the head of the family. Almost all of the people associated with the Persico's are operating from a cell.

Persico leadership has done nothing but help to decimate the crew and (hopefully) a new administration will take charge forcing the Persico element out. If the Columbos hope to survive the current era of LCN. Snake and his son are morons who's time in the sun ended back in 1985 when Carmine decided to play Johnny Cochran.