Originally Posted By: maverick
being opportunistic is one thing, sure they'll try to make money any way they can. my whole point was the rizzuto family in montreal, any italian mobster in montreal for that matter is not paying the bonanno family tribute money, not for a long time now

Well that is your opinion but the only person to make such a claim is Vitale who as you or anyone who has read "The last Godfather" knows he was kept out of the loop on important matters. I am not privy to classified information and you claim not be be either so all we can do is speculate but IMO the Bonannos are not going to give up a tribute as big as one from MOntreal would be without fighting tooth and nail to keep it. I just can't see the Bonanno's or anyone in the mafia for that matter walking away from a tribute because they whacked someone tied to the group making the tribute.

If whacking George from Canada would end a fruitful tribute from Montreal, I don't think Massino would whack him for something as ridiculous as him complaining that TG was a coke head as is the reason claimed by Vitale.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 03/17/12 03:19 PM.