Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: eurodave
Sorry Sonny, but there's tons of evidence proving that the Calabrian elements in Quebec and Ontario were involved at some level in this mafia war. Montagna's numerous trips to Ontario, Piccirilli and his Toronto godfather, the Violi connection, the Calabrian faction in Montreal and other situations. Montagna was a huge factor, but got eliminated for a reason as he was gunning for top spot, with resistance from the Desjardins-Di Maul-Mirarchi group.

I never said that this was not the case. I'm actually one who believes Calabrian elements from Ontario were involved. This is a discussion about Montagna's involvement and not about whether or not Calabrians from Ontario were involved, which I believed from the start. But I don't believe a grudge between the Sicilians and Calabrians have anything to do with it. In Canada, Sicilians and Calabrians have worked with and along each other since at least the 1950s. The first one that was killed by the Rizzutos during their conflict with Paolo Violi was his right-hand man Pietro Sciara, a Sicilian from Cattolica Eraclea, the hometown of the Rizzutos.

I was only asking Chopper to explain why he thinks Montagna was just a pawn. I'm sure that if you have come to such a conclusion you can bring some good arguments. That's all.

The Violi element and revenge is way overlooked during this whole thing. As I've explained on the real deal, the turmoil and war is really divided in multiple parts but the elimination of the biggest fish was a coalition of sorts between Montagna, NYC, Ontario, Montreal mafiosi and Sicilians.