Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
First of all, I'm proud to be a pinko liberal. Beats being a mullah. lol

Secondly, still you have not elaborated as to why a homosexual person who pays taxes just like any heterosexual, shouldn't be benefiting from a marital status with a partner of his/her choice.

If society wouldn't recognize that right for him, why would they accept his taxes? And why don't you stop acting on your feelings? Why do you feel that you are entitled to do something like that? Because you can reproduce? What's next on the list of people who can't get married? Those who are barren? Is reproducing more important or actually raising a human being, even if it's not of your own flesh and blood? How is having kids relating to being married? Marriage is a partnership. It recognizes the role of your spouse when you are incapacitated to make a decision for yourself. Spouses could inherit from each other. Having kids is just one aspect of it.

Taxes? What, you think paying a certain amount of money can change nature? Simply paying taxes doesn't mean a homosexual relationship should be viewed the same way as a heterosexual one. To do so would give equal sanction to both and, though some just don't want to believe it, a homosexual relationship is not equal.

And once again, I happen to have two gay brothers. And I'm fine with them living they way they want, though I don't agree with it. But that doesn't mean I think they have the "right" to be married to another guy or have their relationships recognized by the government or society as the same as mine - because they're not. No matter how much taxes they pay.

And me saying so doesn't make me a mullah. It just means I haven't thrown what is right out the window in the name of political correctness or subjective morality.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/15/12 11:51 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.