Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
This is interesting. I agree, it's like African American vote against gay marriage in California. You wonder how an oppressed minority can be so insensitive to the plight of another one. ohwell

To me, the black vote against gay marriage is very understandable because they believe it to be morally wrong; as do I. The attempts by some to draw a parallel to racism in the past notwithstanding.

Quote:
I'm digressing here from the topic, but if you don't mind answering, what if I ask you about that woman who was living with two men shown in the CNN? Is that yucky to you who is lax toward polygamy? Do you consider it to be okay only for men, or do you consider it to be okay for anyone regardless of their gender?

I don't consider myself lax toward polygamy. I'm certainly not advocating for it. Simply pointing out the hypocrisy by those who try to argue for gay marriage but don't say anything about polygamy. As far as legally recognized marriages go, I think 1 man and 1 woman.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.