Originally Posted By: olivant
It may be part of the Christain agenda. However, in America religion only finds its way into statutory law through statute making bodies. Religions do not possess statutory law-making ability. The members of those bodies may be influenced by an infinite number of variables including their religion. However, being an atheist, if I were ever a member of a statute-making governing body, I would seek to eliminate abortion except when the mother's life would be endangered, per medical opinion, by giving birth.

Oh, please, it is. It's not may be, it sure is. And I'm an atheist too, though if I'm debating with a philosopher I'd have to say I'm agnostic. But let's be truthful here, the way we look at abortion and the differences we've is because of the religion and customs we're born into. Specially you, because an atheist wouldn't believe in soul. Therefore enlighten me how an organism that's bunch of stem cells to a certain point can be considered a human being? Or being a man you have this irrational fear that no woman in their right mind would go through pregnancy if given a choice? lol

I'd like you to explain to me, an atheist to another how you arrived at this opinion (if you were not already there to begin with) and were not influenced by religion.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones