Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Oh please! There's definition for each term. Slave is someone who is made to do something against their will.

If someone doesn't want to bear a child and state makes them to do so, they are the state's slave, plain and simple.

Seems to me this thinking represents extremely careless hyperbole, or a lack of even basic elementary logics here, all to support an analogy not at all necessary for your argument.

Quote:
Your assessment of the situation stems from having no regard for mothers who carry their children, because that's such an everyday normal natural thing. Yet I suggest you take a look at the resources a woman has to provide for a fetus during 9 months. The bones and teeth that will decay as the fetus would suck all the calcium of her body. And plus, tumors are product of our making as well. So your argument is not applicable.

Not exactly an amazing display on the mastering of the rules of evidence here
by asserting I have no empathy for my sisters you thereby dismiss my argument as somehow moot.
A whole conclusion out of nothing; nothing short of magic.

Quote:
I suggest instead of slaving a woman who doesn't want to bear a child, put money out of your pocket and find a way to extract a fetus and raise it outside the womb. Then maybe you would realize the amount you should spend out of your pocket to bring a child to this life, never mind raising it later. Oh wait, you guys just wanna bring them here, but don't want to pay a dime extra in your taxes to raise them. ohwell

I'm sure my argument holds plenty of water, since these matters are non-issues in modern world across the pond.

I'd rather use the money for preventive measures that educates children on the facts that contraception until very recently was very unreliable, and judging by the huge numbers of abortions that take place in modern societies, still is pretty unreliable.

Or instead of teaching them disdain for those who preach safety and abstinence, maybe direct their condemnation toward the media which inundates them with values of casual sex as increasingly normal and common.

(And perhaps sex education and birth control should indeed become more of an issue "across the pond", as developing nations are at the root of the Earth's overpopulaton.)