Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Seriously speaking, let us know if you liked Hugo and tell us a little something about it. I don't know much about it at all.

I watched HUGO tonight. It's certainly worth a rental. It centers around an orphaned boy thief who secretly maintains the clocks in a Paris train station, who has been trying to repair and figure out a "writing" automaton that he and his father had been working on -- trying to figure out the mystery behind it.

The plot surrounds the story of the famous Georges Méliès*, the early (1900's) prolific filmmaker/inventor/magician famous for A Trip to the Moon (1902), a plot making this much more interesting that it otherwise would have been. (I don't know how much portrayed here is fact and how much is fiction).

If you can get over the fact that this period piece, set in Paris, is spoken in English with British accents... and if you have any interest in early cinema... you should like this.

*Ben Kingsley looks exactly like him!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations