Ivy, yes she does have responsibility for her actions. However, I've been to many funerals, and I've seen a lot of people receive Communion and I doubt that all of the attendees are in a state of grace. It used to be that the night before the mass, the parish priest would come to the funeral home and give a sort of group absolution to those in attendance so that they could all receive Communion the next day.

I think that what we're hoping is that the Church evolves as we do, as it often has. For example, I am Catholic, but my husband is not. His mother was Catholic, but his father was not. His grandmother was Catholic, but not his grandfather, We've all been married by a Catholic priest, but the rules have changed significantly from one generation to the next.

His grandparents had to get married in the rectory. His parents were allowed to be married in church, but not at the altar. My husband and I were married in Church, at the altar, at a full mass. We didn't even have to promise that the children would be Catholic.

I was taught that Jesus believed we are all God's children, that God loves us all. I can't believe that doesn't extend to homosexuals.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club