Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
I wanted to post this song, beautiful but difficult to translate into English for a variety of reasons:
are cited, singers like Pino Daniele in which those words remained in Neapolitan (siamo Lazzari felici, quand Chiove to pecondria) are the songs of his famous album Terra Mia,Actors like totò,the defillippos,and historical men like Virgilio,GiovanBattista della Porta etc;
the romantic matilde,is Matilde Serao afamous italian writer,The Mattino is a newspaper founded by Scorfioglio and the Serao;the Sophia from Pozzuoli is Sophia Loren,thegold of naples is a book of Marrotta;L'arte di arrangiarsi is a way of living of gimmicks and precarious jobs; o'pac is a way to fool people, mostly foreign tourists, a classic example is to exchange a stereo, putting a brick in the package, in place of the stereo,Rosa Russo Iervolino was the mayor when was w ritten this song;If I forgot something, or do not understand the subtitles let me know

Again, my friend ! And I do not say that lightly !
Outstanding clap I have enjoyed it ! And you did a great job in presenting it ! I am very impressed and so should others be ! cool

Frosty !

Last edited by Frosty; 02/29/12 07:34 PM.