Detroit looks very tough in the AL Central. Texas and Anaheim should have an interesting battle in the West. Boston has a lot to prove and a very big chip on its shoulder, and Joe Maddonalways seems to keep the Rays in the thick of the fight.

The new Miami Marlins may be the most improved team, and their pitching is tough. The Nationals think they can compete, and if Bryce Harper can stick with the club and secure a starting spot, the teenager just might be MLB's answer to Tebow and Lin. The Phillies may have the best rotation, anchored by Halladay, Lee and Hamels, but Howard won't be ready and Utley has a bum knee, so the race in the East can be close. Sorry, pizzaboy, but the Metsshould once again provide the comic relief in the division.

I think the Reds may challenge the Brewers in the central. Ryan Braun got away with murder on his steroid appeal (I still can't believe it), and that should keep them competitive.

The West is up for grabs. I'll wait until pre-season ends before I'd hazard a pick. One thing though is Bruce Bochy should have the Giants close.