Originally Posted By: TonyG
Thanks for posting Ivy. That is a huge haul - more like what you see on the Texas - Mexico border.

Ivy - we have had debates about the drug trade and smuggling routes along the US Canada border previously. We agree on many things but respectfully disagree on others.

Makes ya wonder if came from the US on its way to the larger Canadian cities (Toronto & Montreal). Or, if it was brought into Canada for delivery south to the US.

The article speculates that it was headed to Toronto and other locales within the province.

What kind of time are these guys looking at? I am not familiar with Canadian law.

It will be interesting to see what turns up next, and if these guys flip.

If its their first offense they could be out in 5 years. Nothing like the punishments in the States.

A few years back in my home town of Kitchener my coach was caught at the gym with 35kg of cocaine in his trunk and had a rather serious prior and he is already out. He was an ex-soldier and a bodyguard by trade and he seemed a little too wealthy for someone in that feild ( driving a new BMW and a half million $ house being built) but we had no idea he was into the drug trade and certainly not on that scale.

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/09/exblackwater-trainer-faces-drug-charges-canada

Last edited by Mussolini14; 02/16/12 07:10 AM.