Originally Posted By: Mark
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
While I`ve got you on the line, so to speak...
I´ve seen the Italian surname Garofalo numerous times being spelled all kinds of different ways. Garafalo, Gorafola etc,etc.
I think all these variations (which I think are misspelled)stems actually from Garofalo. Or are there real italian surnames like Gorafola, Garafolo etc, etc.
Does anybody know this?

Funny you mention that, Hairy. I've seen that name spelled every which way. All I can say is, things happened at Ellis Island. In my own extended family, there are several modern spellings of the name my grandfather came here with.

Same happened with my great grandfather (my grandfather was one year old) when they arrived at Ellis Island. They changed a "C" to a "G" in the last name and that changed everything. I am told that the original last name is "Brocato" from Palermo and it was changed to "Brogato" during immigration. There is a big line of hair care/cosmetics named "Brocato"... Oh well, whatta you gonna do? rolleyes
http://www.brocatohair.com/

I use Brocato hair products, and I get the Brocato hair treatment every couple months! I guess this means absolutely nothing. lol

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.