Originally Posted By: StreetNeapolitan1718
I Think you are wrong about Sonny Franzese being with the Orena Faction because from what I read Sonny was always a top Enforcer for Carmine Persico.

actually carmine hated sonny and michael (sonny's kid) theorizes that carmine helped frame sonny for those bank robberies (i think that was the charge if i remember correctly) it was in his book

sonny was carmine's biggest rival but they got "along" for the sake of the family

"Franzese served as enforcer and watchguard over the crime family. His rise was cut short following a 1967 conviction for bank robbery, garnering him a fifty year sentence that was thought to have been trumped up by the Carmine Persico camp. Persico and Franzese would be bitter enemies during their prime and through the 1980s"

http://books.google.com/books?id=WzuzPiX...ico&f=false

thats a link to an old gangland of the fbi warning three colombo associates who had switched to the persico faction from the orena faction and who were also old associates of his son michael franzese that sonny had put out murder contracts on them from jail

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 02/12/12 12:38 AM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.