So Ive noticed there's a good handful of musos on the boards. I was wondering; whats that song (or songs) you just love to play? Whether to "showcase" your abilities (or "show off"; oh yes, hello ladies tongue ) or just because you f**king love that song.

I figure Ill start:

Classical Gas. Always great. There's really only four or five different runs, just repeated and in different keys. Actually a reasonably simple song, but sounds great and awesome for practicing fingerpicking.

Norwegian Wood, by the Beatles. Oh yeah. Simple sort of lick around the D and C chords, sounds great and light and kinda fluttery.

Trying to learn the solo arrangement of Con Te Partiro. Freakin' tearjerker at the right time. The hardest part is picking out the right drone notes arond the melody to make it sound more full.

On an electric: basically anything by System Of A Down (Drop C for purists, Drop D if you're lazy) anything by Nirvana (well, nearly everything; most of the "Unplugged" stuff sounds vastly better acoustically anyway) Smashing Pumpkins or Pantera. Simple yet heavy as shit.

I love most metal and prog., but some of those arrangements are complex as hell. There's nothing like chugging away on a simple yet effective riff.

Last edited by Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica; 02/09/12 12:32 AM.

(cough.)