Originally Posted By: m2w
Quote:
I never said that. The latin kings are one of the biggest gangs in the country and have sets all over the cities there in

yes you said that most of the gangs in the states are on the same level...
i know that a couple of gangs like latin kings or bloods have sections in several cities but i doubt they are coordinated eachother i bet everyone can start a chapter on himself and claiming he's a blood or latin kings, its a joke
they are not an old, permanent and extremely coordinated organization like the mafia and they are involved in a couple of illegal fields at most

The mafia prospered due to the fact that they were pretty much ignored by the government as an organisation and were not prosecuted in the big groups like they are now. Also the rise of labour movements and unions gave them that push into the legitimate world, they were in the right place at the right time. Also in a places like new york, chicago, la and even new jersey you cant just start a chapter of blood or latin kings without some authorisation from the gangs leadership, The sets have leaders that work together resolve disputes within their ranks.
Do you really think every crew in the mafia know eachother and work together?