I can't believe what I'm reading here! eek Butter, strawberries, raspberries, peas, nuts, cottage cheese, pickles, bananas, eggs, yogurt, mayo, grapefruit, fish -- those rank among my favorites! lol

I also can't believe it was 2.5 years ago when I said I'll get back to the question, and apparently didn't! whistle

There are very few things I dislike, and the list gets shorter as I get older as I like to try things again and guess what? Many things I didn't like as a kid now I like!

Liver is the exception. I try it now and again and still dislike it. But I LOVE liverwurst!

I haven't tried other organ meats (brains, kidneys, testes, etc), but I'd probably try them once...from someone else's plate. As for muscle meat, I never met an animal I didn't like. Then again, I haven't tried Mig's hillbilly rodent diet, so wouldn't be too crazy about trying possum, squirrel, 'coon, etc -- but I would. Haven't tried snake, but alligator is good.

I like all seafood (including sushi) except sea urchin. Tried it once as sushi and it was disgusting. But I'd try it again as who knows how fresh it was. All fish, clams, mussels, oysters, squid, octopus. Not seafood I suppose, but I also love escargot (snails).

Off the top of my head I cannot think of many fruits or veggies I dislike. Canned veggies (except corn and peas) are nasty, tho. Not a fan of pickled beets. Avoided cooked cabbage most of my life but tried it again last St Patty's Day and it was actually quite good! Love Brussels sprouts, so it's not a far reach I suppose. I'm not crazy about the bitterness of white asparagus, but love green asparagus. Slimy okra is nasty, but it's been a while.

Often it's just a texture thing -- I love tomatoes, I love tomato sauce, but can't stand chunks of tomatoes or slivers of its skin in my sauce. Same for too many slimy green peppers (tho raw they're good, and I don't mind slimy red or orange or yellow peppers - go figure).

LOVE my beef tongue, of course! grin

My friend drives me crazy, though. She hates mayo, sour cream, ketchup (except when it's mixed with mustard), pancakes (!), peas/lima beans (texture), chocolate (!), milk (except in coffee)... oy. And she's my co-foodie-in-crime! eek

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations