Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Again, it's like pills are being shoved down people's throats. If said patients eligible for them don't want them, THEN THEY DON'T HAVE TO USE THEM. This is not fucking tyranny people.

This isn't China with their population control methods of the past or whatever.

What next, we allow religious-affiliated organizations the right to freely ignore every other laws that "conflict" with their views? Let Mosques stone adulterous women. Let cults practice cannibalism and ritual sacrifices. Let the LDS practice legal civil polygamy as they did in the 19th century before the Federal government forced them not to.

C'mon people.

But there is a difference between breaking the law in terms of violence or abuse and being forced to pay for bc, sterilization and abortifacients.

The individual members of the church already, via taxes, pay for a number of things not approved of by church doctrines (war, death penalty, birth control, etc) They aren't trying to stop that. They also aren't preventing any member of their church or employee of an affiliated organization from practicing bc or having abortions or getting sterilized.

All they are saying is that their church shouldn't be forced to pay for those things.
Additionally, if the Christian Scientists and Amish have exclusions, the Catholics want one too.

From the new HHS rule
Quote:
We intend to require employers that do not offer coverage of contraceptive services to provide notice to employees, which will also state that contraceptive services are available at sites such as community health centers, public clinics, and hospitals with income-based support.

That's too much. If I believed that eating pork is forbidden, or that women have to cover their hair and speak only to their husbands/male relatives, or that drinking alcohol or caffeine is sinful, should I have to post information in my place of worship giving directions to everyone about when and how to break these rules?

Bottom line is the Church won't comply. They will shut down the agencies or refuse to pay fines. From both a political and policy standpoint I don't see the point of trying to make the Church bend on this.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.