Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
What next, we allow religious-affiliated organizations the right to freely ignore every other laws that "conflict" with their views? Let Mosques stone adulterous women. Let cults practice cannibalism and ritual sacrifices. Let the LDS practice legal civil polygamy as they did in the 19th century before the Federal government forced them not to.

While I'm with you on your 1st paragraph, I don't see why we shouldn't let Mosques stone women who accept their punishment according to Islamic laws? I mean would that fall under insanity? What about BDSM? Should that be outlawed as well? Is it outlawed? Why should government dictate how many spouses we should have if we are content with the size of our family and the relationships? grin

There's one clear conflict in the stoning case if the condemned does not want to abide by their sect's laws, one can't fall out of Islam, or the punishment is also death. At that point I think government should put a stop to that madness. Otherwise let them roll the way they want to. shhh

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones