Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Okay, I'm not sure I get it. Is the issue about mandating all insurance providers to include contraceptives in their plans? If so, I'm not for it as well.

Yup. All insurance providers will have to include free (no co-pay or deductible) contraceptives in their plans. The only exception is for people who literally work at the church. Church hospitals, charities, schools or social service agencies would have to bend the knee and purchase contraceptive coverage.

Originally Posted By: Lilo
Every religious group has rules, which may seem silly to outsiders or may in fact even be silly, but under the First Amendment, they should have a right to follow those rules, absent breaking the law in some other aspect. The Church is not preventing anyone from getting bc; it's just saying we're not providing it/paying for it.

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

Yet one stumbles upon accounts of rape victims, who are brought into these medical facilities without their consent (probably they are unconscious) and are refused to be given morning after pills. Paying for it through their own insurance is one thing, but providing it and offering the choice to the patient is another issue.

Yes, AFAIK Church hospitals would not provide those sorts of options. It's against their moral stricture.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.