GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 422 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,899
Members10,349
Most Online992
04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #623119
12/05/11 06:25 PM
12/05/11 06:25 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: eurodave
The hit was ordered and approved from Hamilton it seems, with little NYC involvement but I'm sure they had a say or blinked an eye.

The hit on Montagna? If so, how does it seem it was ordered by Hamilton?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #623120
12/05/11 06:27 PM
12/05/11 06:27 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
The hit was ordered and approved from Hamilton it seems, with little NYC involvement but I'm sure they had a say or blinked an eye.

The hit on Montagna? If so, how does it seem it was ordered by Hamilton?

Sources have indicated so, I will find the article but search on google for " deadly revenge stalked boss " and you should see it.

The hit on Rizzuto SR that is!....my appologies.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #623122
12/05/11 06:34 PM
12/05/11 06:34 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

Sources have indicated so, I will find the article but search on google for " deadly revenge stalked boss " and you should see it.

The hit on Rizzuto SR that is!....my appologies.

I thought so. tongue

Anyway thanks for the feedback!

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623130
12/05/11 07:27 PM
12/05/11 07:27 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
the hit was not approved or ordered by hamilton, what hamilton is? i know it was just a cell of buffalo lcn led by papalia in the past nothing more
new york has tons of connections it's logic and more probable they are behind it, people like toto catalano could be involved too

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #623144
12/05/11 08:20 PM
12/05/11 08:20 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: m2w
the hit was not approved or ordered by hamilton, what hamilton is? i know it was just a cell of buffalo lcn led by papalia in the past nothing more
new york has tons of connections it's logic and more probable they are behind it, people like toto catalano could be involved too

Yes and so is the Pope.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623166
12/05/11 10:40 PM
12/05/11 10:40 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i'm almost sure the bonanno's planned all the took over, i think toto catalano could be the boss at this point

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623198
12/06/11 10:02 AM
12/06/11 10:02 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Sit tight guys, the truth will out, it usually does eventually.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623570
12/08/11 09:26 AM
12/08/11 09:26 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
It definitely will Nicky but it's so much fun to hypothesize what's going to happen! Especially when we see an actual "war" going on. THe last one I remember was when Galante got clipped and the fallout that ensued from that (which was pretty crazy).

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623730
12/09/11 12:33 AM
12/09/11 12:33 AM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
Montagna is behind all RIZZUTO family murders. This guy had balls. He wanted the throne from the old man and he wanted all unpaid tribute money from all years never paid to the bonnano family. Old nick refused and now he's dead. Montagnas style was too aggressive for Montreal. Here business comes first not status. New York wiseguys have reputations of being rats whereas Montreal wiseguys don't. He wasn't a good fit for Montreal. Believe me the last I heard was that his fate was decided during Loprestis funeral.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Tonymtl] #623792
12/09/11 01:09 PM
12/09/11 01:09 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
Originally Posted By: Tonymtl
Montagna is behind all RIZZUTO family murders. This guy had balls. He wanted the throne from the old man and he wanted all unpaid tribute money from all years never paid to the bonnano family. Old nick refused and now he's dead. Montagnas style was too aggressive for Montreal. Here business comes first not status. New York wiseguys have reputations of being rats whereas Montreal wiseguys don't. He wasn't a good fit for Montreal. Believe me the last I heard was that his fate was decided during Loprestis funeral.

He couldn't have been at this alone and had backing from Hamilton.

So you're saying the Rizzuto clan is fighting back or the Montreal mob as a whole?

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623872
12/10/11 12:03 AM
12/10/11 12:03 AM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
of course he couldn't have been at this alone, but he was obviously involved in
i don't know who are his allies, maybe the cotroni's maybe not, but why they killed him and go against ny?
i think ny planned all since montagna was sent there

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Tonymtl] #623913
12/10/11 06:51 AM
12/10/11 06:51 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario

Can you elaborate more? Do you work for LE?

Re: Who was behind the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623916
12/10/11 08:14 AM
12/10/11 08:14 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
It sounds pretty logical to me that Montagna had a hand in organizing those killings. But the Violi brothers were very likely involved too, and possibly 'Ndrangheta elements.

The Bonannos probably gave him permission to become the new caporegime in Montreal. That's why Rizzuto said that the wouldn't take orders from him. And likely also because Rizzuto thought he was Montagna's senior, which he was. And therefore Montagna organized his murder, after forming allegiances with the Ontario families and establishing a powerbase.

But in the end, Montreal mafiosi decided that Montreal should be for themselves and they took him out. They didn't want another tyrant. Montagna was probably considered an outsider and he apparantly had made some enemies, respected enough to order his "disappearance".

The exact reason why Montagna was killed remains unknown and at this stage we can only speculate. But it sounds plausible to me that he had started to act too much like a top-dog.

Re: Who was behind the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #623917
12/10/11 08:21 AM
12/10/11 08:21 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
It sounds pretty logical to me that Montagna had a hand in organizing those killings. But the Violi brothers were very likely involved too, and possibly 'Ndrangheta elements.

The Bonannos probably gave him permission to become the new caporegime in Montreal. That's why Rizzuto said that the wouldn't take orders from him. And likely also because Rizzuto thought he was Montagna's senior, which he was. And therefore Montagna organized his murder, after forming allegiances with the Ontario families and establishing a powerbase.

But in the end, Montreal mafiosi decided that Montreal should be for themselves and they took him out. They didn't want another tyrant. Montagna was probably considered an outsider and he apparantly had made some enemies, respected enough to order his "disappearance".

The exact reason why Montagna was killed remains unknown and at this stage we can only speculate. But it sounds plausible to me that he had started to act too much like a top-dog.

Sounds likely, Sonny.
Good post!

[Linked Image]
Re: Who was behind the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #623927
12/10/11 10:53 AM
12/10/11 10:53 AM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

If I was a betting man I would say this is the most probable scenario.

It will be interesting to see how things play out.

Re: Who was behind the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #623945
12/10/11 12:30 PM
12/10/11 12:30 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario

Good explanation Sonny. Do you think Montanga's killers got the nod from the Bonanno's? If Sal was the Montreal capo they must have been expecting a decent amount of residual tribute money and they must be pretty agitated to see those plan foiled unless some arrangements were made before Sal was whacked to keep the cash flowing to NY.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: m2w] #623949
12/10/11 12:45 PM
12/10/11 12:45 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

It's worth mentioning that the Bonannos didn't "send" Sal anywhere, the United States government did. He was deported, and at that point he probably decided to make the most of it.

The idea that an American was going to take over in Montreal is as ridiculous as the idea of a Canadian coming to Brooklyn or the Bronx and doing the same.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #623962
12/10/11 01:44 PM
12/10/11 01:44 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

It's worth mentioning that the Bonannos didn't "send" Sal anywhere, the United States government did. He was deported, and at that point he probably decided to make the most of it.

The idea that an American was going to take over in Montreal is as ridiculous as the idea of a Canadian coming to Brooklyn or the Bronx and doing the same.

Do you agree with the view point that American LCN members see themselves as Americans first and Italians second and Canadian gangsters of Italian descent see themselves as Italians first and Canadians second? d

Last edited by Mussolini14; 12/10/11 02:49 PM.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623963
12/10/11 01:49 PM
12/10/11 01:49 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Do you agree with the view point that American LCN members see themselves as Americans first an Italians second and Canadian gangsters of Italian descent see themselves as Italians first and Canadians second?

I think that today, because of assimilation and general attrition, there's certainly some truth to that. But if you give the Canadian born Italians a few generations to assimilate, they'll more than likely see themselves as Canadian first. But for a lot of those Italian-Canadian families, that won't be for a good while, so you make a valid point.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623968
12/10/11 02:08 PM
12/10/11 02:08 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

Do you agree with the view point that American LCN members see themselves as Americans first an Italians second and Canadian gangsters of Italian descent see themselves as Italians first and Canadians second?

I'm an Italian from Montreal and have some friends in NYC who are of Italian descent and there is a difference for sure.

In the States, people see themselves as American first and then Italian, where as in Canada especially in Toronto and Montreal, we consider ourselves more Italian than Canadian.

That being said, the Canadian immigration wave is more recent and most Italians, mafiosi included came here int he mid 50's, while American LCN has been around for close to a century.

That's why Italians in Montreal and Toronto are more fluent in Italian and dialects than their American counterparts, thus the stronger links to Italy.

We don't have Zips here, they're just part of the crime scene.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: eurodave] #623972
12/10/11 02:25 PM
12/10/11 02:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
That's my point, Dave. The Italian families in Canada have been there for 50 years, tops. Give it another couple of generations, and I'm sure you'll see assimilation along the lines of what we've seen here in the States.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #623973
12/10/11 02:26 PM
12/10/11 02:26 PM
A
antimafia Offline
Underboss
antimafia  Offline
A
Underboss

Also worth mentioning is that Montagna was given the choice, somewhat atypical, to be deported either to Canada or to Italy. In many people's minds, mine included, his decision to go to Montreal in April 2009 was not part of a master plan. But once he got there, I think he got some ideas in his head.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: antimafia] #623974
12/10/11 02:29 PM
12/10/11 02:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: antimafia
Also worth mentioning is that Montagna was given the choice, somewhat atypical, to be deported either to Canada or to Italy. In many people's minds, mine included, his decision to go to Montreal in April 2009 was not part of a master plan. But once he got there, I think he got some ideas in his head.

Exactly.

Like I said, he decided to make the most of it. And now he's dead.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #623975
12/10/11 02:36 PM
12/10/11 02:36 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Good explanation Sonny. Do you think Montanga's killers got the nod from the Bonanno's? If Sal was the Montreal capo they must have been expecting a decent amount of residual tribute money and they must be pretty agitated to see those plan foiled unless some arrangements were made before Sal was whacked to keep the cash flowing to NY.

I think Montagna decided that he should become the new caporegime in Montreal with the Bonanno family's approval. I think he may have even got some support, maybe from his old crew.

But I think it's hard to imagine that anyone from Montreal would have asked the Bonannos for approval to murder Montagna. They would have probably signed their own deathwarrant if they did. And besides, if Montagna was taken out because Montreal mafiosi didn't want an outsider to call the shots they would have never asked the Bonannos for approval in the first place.

Not ridiculous at all considering the history between the Bonannos and Montreal. Vito Rizzuto is still a Bonanno member as was his father, and they came from Sicily. Carmine Galante came from New York and took over. Vic Cotroni was a Bonanno captain and Joe Di Maulo and Domenico Arcuri are likely also Bonanno members.

The writers of Mafia Inc., two journalists from Quebec with decades of experience, thought this was a plausible scenario. The idea that Montagna would take over in Montreal came from them, more then likely based on police reports.

And it's not like Montagna walked in and took over, it probably took a lot of negotiating and killings. I'm just saying...

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #623977
12/10/11 02:42 PM
12/10/11 02:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'm talking about today's mafia. There's no way an American is going into Canada today and successfully taking over in the long term. And in their minds, Montagna was an American. And now he's dead.

I agree with you that Montagna probably tried to take over, he just wasn't very successful in the long term. But in the short term he did make some noise.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Sonny_Black] #623978
12/10/11 03:09 PM
12/10/11 03:09 PM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline OP
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline OP
M
Capo
Ontario

I think Montagna decided that he should become the new caporegime in Montreal with the Bonanno family's approval. I think he may have even got some support, maybe from his old crew.

But I think it's hard to imagine that anyone from Montreal would have asked the Bonannos for approval to murder Montagna. They would have probably signed their own deathwarrant if they did. And besides, if Montagna was taken out because Montreal mafiosi didn't want an outsider to call the shots they would have never asked the Bonannos for approval in the first place.

Not ridiculous at all considering the history between the Bonannos and Montreal. Vito Rizzuto is still a Bonanno member as was his father, and they came from Sicily. Carmine Galante came from New York and took over. Vic Cotroni was a Bonanno captain and Joe Di Maulo and Domenico Arcuri are likely also Bonanno members.

The writers of Mafia Inc., two journalists from Quebec with decades of experience, thought this was a plausible scenario. The idea that Montagna would take over in Montreal came from them, more then likely based on police reports.

And it's not like Montagna walked in and took over, it probably took a lot of negotiating and killings. I'm just saying...

I know many people on the boards don't think the Bonanno's were/are involved in the Montreal war but IMO if the hit on Sal occurred without permission I think they Bonanno's will strike back. It seems like it is much easier for mobsters to get away with murder in Canada and the Bonanno's have always been known for their close relationship with Sicily. Contrary to popular belief, the Rizzuto's are not the only Bonanno members with Sicilian connections and gaining entry into Canada is much easier than gaining access to the USA. It will be very interesting if we finally find out who the actual shooters were particularly in the Nick SR and Cun trera hits. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that the trigger men were Zips. On the other hand IMO there is a very sound basis to the speculation that Violi's sons did the work, especially in the Nick SR hit, as Andre Cedilot and Andre Noel disclose in Mafia Inc. I wonder where they get all their info? They must be close with members of the Montreal detective squad working the cases.

Last edited by Mussolini14; 12/10/11 03:10 PM.
Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623983
12/10/11 03:23 PM
12/10/11 03:23 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada

I know many people on the boards don't think the Bonanno's were/are involved in the Montreal war but IMO if the hit on Sal occurred without permission I think they Bonanno's will strike back. It seems like it is much easier for mobsters to get away with murder in Canada and the Bonanno's have always been known for their close relationship with Sicily. Contrary to popular belief, the Rizzuto's are not the only Bonanno members with Sicilian connections and gaining entry into Canada is much easier than gaining access to the USA. It will be very interesting if we finally find out who the actual shooters were particularly in the Nick SR and Cun trera hits. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that the trigger men were Zips. On the other hand IMO there is a very sound basis to the speculation that Violi's sons did the work, especially in the Nick SR hit, as Andre Cedilot and Andre Noel disclose in Mafia Inc. I wonder where they get all their info? They must be close with members of the Montreal detective squad working the cases.

The Violi-Hamilton-Ontario involvement goes back to 2005 when Piccirilli-D'Amico's wanted to take down the Rizzutos and go to war.

The Bonnano-Sicilian element is minor in this case and what were seeing here in Montreal is much like what happened in the States where there was a clash with the Zips and other Italian-American within the LCN.

People got fed up of the Rizzuto hegemony and there was a coalition of sorts to get rid of them. No more Sicilian domination in Montreal. They will have to share the pie with others now.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: pizzaboy] #623984
12/10/11 03:24 PM
12/10/11 03:24 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
I'm talking about today's mafia. There's no way an American is going into Canada today and successfully taking over in the long term. And in their minds, Montagna was an American. And now he's dead.

I agree with you that Montagna probably tried to take over, he just wasn't very successful in the long term. But in the short term he did make some noise.

That's extremely correct.

Canadian gangsters no longer respect or trust American gangsters because of RICO and informants, but they continue to do business with them based mainly on the idea of $$$.

Times have changed.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Mussolini14] #623985
12/10/11 03:25 PM
12/10/11 03:25 PM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
word out is that sals next victim was supposed to be Lopresti's right hand man {TONY SUZ....} He got Sal before he got him.

Re: Who was behins the hit on Montanga? [Re: Tonymtl] #623986
12/10/11 03:33 PM
12/10/11 03:33 PM
Canada
E
eurodave Offline
Capo
eurodave  Offline
E
Capo
Canada
word out is that sals next victim was supposed to be Lopresti's right hand man {TONY SUZ....} He got Sal before he got him.

who's next

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull