Well TB, there's alot there. First, I have never bought into the Micahel as controller theme of so many posts. Michael was the head of an organization where, every day, being murdered was a real possibility. So, Michael managed his environment to minimize that possibility. I don't find that management exceptional.

Who knew about Fredo's betrayal? Well, how did Tom find out? I'm sure Michael didn't tell him. Besides, why did Tom think that Fredo was in NY? Why would he know about Fredo's whereabouts in the first place? Or, if he did know, why would he only think he was in NY? Why wouldn't he know for sure if he knew at all?

I don't think Fredo was ever a physical threat to Micahel. I can't remember where Neri was physically located at the time of Fredo's confession. Also, I don't think Neri had any qualms about murdering or needed any motivation to murder anybody.

As far as Connie goes, I don't think she knew. That Fredo had been a stranger to the compound after Cuba (I guess he was), Connie was aware and, like anyone, would figure that something had gone drastically wrong in Fredo's and Michael's relationship. I also think that Connie had been back in the compound for awhile. Her statement about hating Michael I understood as being her feeling in the past.

Last edited by olivant; 02/01/12 07:23 PM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."