I just finished listening to a cover version of this song by Richard and Linda Thompson. I couldn't find it on youtube. It was written by Buck Owens, who was a country musician who used lots of rock and R&B influences. He was responsible for helping to create the so-called "Bakersfield" sound which for a while in some circles in the 60's and 70's was as influential as the so-called Minneapolis sound was in the 80's and early 90's.

The version I found was a live version by Emmylou Harris back in the seventies.
Harris has a piercing soprano voice while Linda Thompson has an alto. I like Thompson's version much better but unless I want to upload my cd to youtube-Harris' version will have to do. The lyrics are maudlin but I like them anyway. rolleyes

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.