Originally Posted By: CleveItalia
What will happen is very similar to cleveland in that the remaining members will ultimately form a "street gang leadership" and turn almost exclusively into a drug ring to make money, and that's when the family will dissolve into jails, state's witness, or retirement.

I agree with this. They're little more than a gang right now (regardless of what the fanboys and apologists want to tell you).

They're going to be around for awhile---maybe a long while, who knows?---but their strength will continue to decline. In my opinion, the biggest change is how outsiders view these guys today.

They just don't instill the same fear in Joe Public that they did 20 or 30 years ago. If you try to shake down a Pakistani or Dominican store owner here in the Bronx today, he's going to either call the law or take a shot at you. He doesn't care that your last name ends in a vowel.

When I was growing up in the Bronx in the '60s, '70s and even the '80s, people were petrified of these guys. Today, not so much.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.