Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Thanks for the information. But about Rastelli: even if he didn't have a seat on the commission, wasn't it him who asked Galante to be killed? He was the most interested, since Galante was pushing him out of his position of power and also Bonanno hitmen were used for the murder. I find it strange Rastelli wasn't charged with the hit.

I personally beleieve that Galante was killed on Rastelli´s orders. But I am more than willing to change my opinion if this killing gets solved and it turns out I was wrong.
However, the US government believed that Galante was the boss at the time and that any hit on a boss must be approved by the Commission.
I guess they thought it would be easier to prove the Commission´s (and all its members) involvement than Rastelli´s
The raven nite social club did john ever kill anyone there or was that at his fish club

who was in the can at the time.

I think it may have been a combination: Rastelli wanting Galante out of the way of his Donship, and the Commission punishing Galante for not sharing his Sicilian heroin pipeline. Galante bragged that he'd make Carlo Gambino "s**t in the street." Nasty insult, but in the Mafia, you can't go wrong following the money--and his heroin pipeline generated huge money. Recall, too, that thr assassins made a beeline for the Ravenite Social Club in Manhattan, where they were congratulated by Neil Dellacroce.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."