Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
Dont worry everyone Obamas stimulus package will kick in soon. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA .... WHAT A JOKE!!

What's the joke? confused That unemployment is down? That retail sales are up? That the Dow is up 4,000 points since he took office? That housing starts are finally up?

The U.S. Unemployment Rate was 5.0% in December, 2007. It was 8.6% in November 2011.

Several days ago this administration claimed that extending unemployment would create approximately 600,000 JOBS!! Can someone please explain to me how, if you allow people to stay on unemployment it will create more jobs? confused
Oh maybe they meant that if you keep Americans on Unemployment it will create 600,000 jobs overseas. Oh, I get it now. I see. whistle

The Dow Jones was at 13,371.72 on November 30, 2007. On November 25, 2011 it closed at 11,231.78

In between the above dates this is what took place :

On August 22, 2008 the Dow closed at 11,628.06. On August 25th 2008 Barack Obama received the democratic nomination and the very next day the dow dropped almost 400 points. On Wednesday November 5th, the day after Barack Obama was elected president, the Dow fell sharply dropping 513 points. So yes, it has climbed back up since HIS being nominated and then elected obviously caused it to drop.

US Retail Gas Price Dec. 31, 2008 : $1.61 per gallon

In 2010 President Obama imposed a moratorium on offshore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. by December of 2010 the retail price for gas shot up to $2.98 per gallon.

US Retail Gas Price Dec. 12, 2011 : $3.35 per gallon

More than DOUBLED since he took office! wink

A record 2.82 million US homes faced foreclosure in 2009 jumping 21 percent from 2008 and 120 percent from 2007! By the end of 2010 the U.S. Foreclosure Market Report showed approximately 3.8 million foreclosure filings — default notices, scheduled auctions and bank repossessions.

2011 has produced a record number of people defaulting on government-backed mortgages. Washington is sitting on nearly a third of the nation’s 800,000 repossessed houses, making the U.S. taxpayer the largest owner of foreclosed properties.

Wasn't it Jon Corzine who this President picked to be his trusted financial adviser? uhwhat

Where has this economy been stimulated? confused

Who's economy has he helped to stimulate? China's?... which now owns about 30% of the U.S. because of their holding of our increasing debt under this administration.

As a person who loves this country, I sincerely wanted to see this president succeed in all he claimed that he would be able to do. I love this country and would never want our leader, no matter what political affiliation they may be, to fail.

But at this point, after almost 3 years in office, this President talked a good game...but is turning out to be a miserable failure. frown It's a shame and I only hope and pray that things will get better for many people in this country, even by his own hand so that I can say that I was wrong about him. I sincerely hope that he proves me wrong by the end of his term.

Unfortunately I just don't see it happening.

Bro

lay off whatever news source you use

here are the facts and its from the WSJ a conservative paper!

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012/01/23/the-stock-market-loves-president-obama/

"It’ll be tough for the Obama haters to argue against this juicy little nugget.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average has surged 60% since Barack Obama was inaugurated as president three years ago, according to research firm Bespoke Investment Group. This means President Obama is one of only five presidents that have witnessed the blue-chip index surge more than 50% during their first three years in office.

The best return came under FDR, when the stock market surged a whopping 190% during the first three years of his term. Stocks also rallied 60% during President Eisenhower’s first three years and 60% amid the same time frame for Bill Clinton."

Generally, historically the markets (surprisngly) have performed better when a Dem is in office. I know I studied Econ in college

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 01/27/12 01:42 AM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.