Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Originally Posted By: Ivan
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Im talking mob-tied businesses pure profits not revenues.

Ivy League was talking pure profits too. 100 million year total net profits would be the kind of money the mob would make if every single member and associate worked at McDonald's. If that were the case the financial incentive for organized crime would evaporate. Remember, these guys are still willing to commit murder occasionally to keep the mob viable as an ongoing concern. I doubt if they would do that for the equivalent of a full time minimum wage job.

the incentive is always there, guys wants a quick buck and have done crimes all their lives thats all they know the formal economy is not a place for them nor would they probably want to be there anyways, lets say my number $100 million is correct and lets say I divide that by 1000 (made guys only not associates - i know im being generous with this high number) that would be $100K a year which is a decent (im sure they want more) if there were 1000 made guys running around. Well now obviously this number fluctuates greatly, Bosses make more than Capos who make more than soldiers generally speaking. I still stand by my number.

Oh if it's for made guys only then you and I agree! I was talking about a billion in net profits for everyone. I figured about a billion for 10,000 total members and associates, with every member/associate averaging 100K (with some a lot more and some a lot less).

I thought you meant 100 million for all mobsters (made and unmade) combined. That would work out to 10K - 20K per year for each member/associate on average, which is comparable to a minimum wage job.

Last edited by Ivan; 01/27/12 01:09 AM.