Originally Posted By: m2w
Quote:
He's the only active made guy left. There's like 4-5 other made guys still alive but they are all retired. He's about 80 years old.

how you know it? from porter declarations or what?

Well I thought it was common knowledge but apparently I was wrong; those "4-5 other made guys" I mentioned according to JCB are either dead or were never made to begin with. Sorry about the bad info.

Originally Posted By: JCB1977
Chiarelli Was nothing more than a burglar and small time drug dealer, name got big because he was on trial with Chucky Porter. Bobby Ianelli was an "independent" numbers operator, he took over parts of Tony Grosso's numbers racket with the Willams brothers. Never made, but did pay tribute to Genovese for operating. Mauro Matone was nothing more than a mid level drug dealer, with convictions in New York. Anthony Imburgia was an associate and the nephew of Charlie Imburgia, former high ranking made guy and Delucia was a small time bookie.

See I thought these guys were all made but retired - that's who I was referring to in my earlier post. I didn't know that they had never been made to begin with.

Why are so many Pittsburgh guys mistakenly listed as made members, even in the media and by law enforcement? And why is Strollo usually described as a capo even though he was just a soldier?

Last edited by Ivan; 01/24/12 04:05 PM.