Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

I think that the first seeds that led to the Mafia decline was sown when its members started to value money over honor, loyalty and total obedience. Money corrupted the original

I think there never was any honor in the mafia. Even the "traditionalist" mafiosi who opposed themselves to Totò Riina's Corleonesi didn't hesitate to kill women and children. Also, drugs have started to be sold much time before the "new" mafia came to power.

Well, according to our standards killing a woman or a child is an awful crime. But let´s not forget the mentality of these men. They killed not because of cruelty but mostly because of pragmatical reasons. In their set of minds, nobody is immune from punishment.

Yes, but the children were mostly killed not because they had actually done something, but because they had seen something they shouldn't have or because the murderers wanted to hurt their relatives through their deaths. It's not like they punished them for something they had actually done. So, in my opinion, this is dishonorable even according to medieval standards.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."