Thanks for the appreciation!

So how do you like the documentary? I found it very interesting and some things really shocked me, like the practice shooting with the cut-off head and how that [censored] women and children from the village helped the ‘ndranghetisti to capture the escaped hostage. I have always thought that local people just pretend not to know anything and never talk to the police, but to actually HELP the organized crime even before being forced to do it…..
In my opinion, there is also a good example of the common concept of a “good old, traditional mafia who didn’t murder women and children” being completely false. I mean, Mommo Piromalli and Antonio Macri’ who belonged to the old, traditional ‘ndrangheta had a train blown up, which had women and children inside (it had to be them, because it was done on Piromalli’s territory by a Macri’ hitman, and in those times nobody did anything on their land using their men without their permission, even the De Stefanos hadn’t yet dared to do anything against them then).
By the way, how do you think the young ‘ndrangheta bosses managed to exterminate the old ones so easily? Theoretically, if you are a crime boss and managed to survive until old age, this means you have much experience and know better how to get rid of the enemies. If you are a young, aggressive boss like the De Stefano brothers, you have just a hot head and no experience, so it seems strange to me they won so easily. There was a similar war in Sicily in the 80s between the “old” mafia and the “new” one, but in that case the “new” Mafiosi headed by Riina were called like that not because of their age (many of them were old and experienced), but because of their mentality, so it doesn’t surprise they won.

About the further translations: do you want me also to translate some movies about the same subject? For example, I have a short series of 2 parts with 3 episodes each about the Cittanova feud mentioned in the documentary who can be used as a sort of illustration to it. It’s called “A fleeing child” (“Un bambino in fuga”) and is based on a real story of a boy who belonged to a ‘ndrangheta family losing the war and had to be placed under police protection. The problem is that only the first part is in Italian and can be translated by me, but I managed to find the sequel only in German which I don’t know that well. Maybe there is somebody here who could translate it someday? The first one can be watched even without the sequel though – they have different plots.
Unfortunately, the university starts soon so I will not be able to translate as fast as I did the first documentary.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."