Originally Posted By: BridgeportVet
New Orleans & Detroit are barren hell-holes, there is no way to make a serious profit in either of those "cities", legal or illegal. Chicago is a booming mega-metropolis, third largest city in the U.S., & American's haven for organized crime & corrupt politics.

Ah, another favorite talking point of the Chi-town guys. Try to connect most, if not all, organized crime and corruption in Chicago to the Outfit in some way.

Quote:
Family Secrets barely put a fuckin dent in the Outfit, & the FBI is a complete joke. They've never had solid intel on the Outfit, ever. Most of them are as confused as you people or taking bribes from them.

Says who? You? Sorry but I gotta go with the feds. But, hey, that's me. And several huge dents were made in the Outfit in the 1980's and 1990's. Which is why what's left of the organization is much smaller, more streamlined, and doesn't have the scope it once did. There's a reason why the "Family Secrets" case dealt with very old murders in addition to the standard gambling and loansharking charges.

Quote:
I'll phrase it however I want to phrase it. I'm a Chicagoan, I'm speaking for all of us in the way that we carry ourselves. We aren't loud & obnoxious like our East Coast counterparts, we're keep-to-ourselves gentlemen here, there is no need to flaunt. As far as the Outfit goes, they are Chicagoans as well & operate just as such. They're obviously doing a wonderful job, as they seem to have 99% of the general public completely confused.

And the FBI as well, according to you anyway.

Quote:
28 made members my ashy Sicilian ass.

Keep in mind that's likely referring to guys that are technically made, i.e. have gone through the ceremony. As has been discussed here recently, Joey Lombardo was not identified as a made member of the Outfit in the "Family Secrets" indictment like Jimmy Marcello and the Calabreses were. But nobody will claim that Lombardo doesn't have made status. It may be that he was already considered a member before the Outfit started using the ceremony. In addition to that 28 made members, the feds cited a little over 100 associates. In any event, even if you count made guys, plus however many guys have made status, plus associates, the Outfit isn't comparable to any of the NY families.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.