yeah Galante got out in 74 and I'm sure one of Rastelli's cousins was shot dead (allegedly ordered by Galante) Rastelli stepped down and Galante took over..I think Rastelli also got jailed in that year (1974), so it would have been tough for him to try to go up against Galante at that time..I believe he was killed partly because everyone hated or feared him (usually both) and because he was killing Gambino,Genovese and Lucchese guys for control of the narcotics trade, while refusing to share the proceeds with his own guys (he was apparently very very greedy, like Joe Bonanno was)...I also read that he was also trying to take over the distribution of cheese in NY lol something Joe Bonanno once controlled and was then took over by (I think the Gambino Family) - Galante was asking to be killed for a long time ...(got a bit carried away there :p)

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo