Originally Posted By: tt120
pizzaboy - how is the food at bamontes? is it worth making a trip from the city down there for?

I think the food is great, TT. But the menu IS a bit dated. It's the food we grew up on as Italian Americans in the '60s and '70s: Everything from stuffed artichokes to tripe to 'scarola and beans. Plus all the usual old school Italian American dishes. It's very comparable to places in the Bronx like Dominick's or Frankie and Johnnie's, or the old Andy's Colonial in East Harlem (no longer there).

So if you're one of those eclectic, hipster, "foodie" types, with the shaved head like Moby and the Tina Fey glasses, you'll be more apt to criticize the place for it's outdated menu (which is really ironic, considering that those very same people have recently invaded East Williamsburg). But if you're an unpretentious Italian American guy who grew up in one of the Five Boroughs---and I suspect that you are---you'll love it smile.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.