Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: carmela
I've been to Sicily almost every year for the past 15 years. I know that island like the back of my hand. I could drive across it blindfolded. Yet, I've never once been to California!! I've never been to Washington DC!! That kinda sucks.

Wow, how nice that you get to go every year. uhwhat I keep saying I'm going to go but for me it does take some saving. Btw, my father was born in the city of Trapani. Have you been there? I still have relatives there and Alcamo but only met one a few years back when he came to visit America. Do you know Italian?

TIS

Well, as usual, too much of a good thing is just that. Too much! And yes the ticket prices are up there. You were right, they average about $1500, but if you know when you're going to be there exactly, you can get them cheaper in the off season. From April-August, they are very high. If you buy around this time, they're a bit cheaper, but not much (maybe $1200). My husband still has his summer house from when he grew up there, so that helps.

We usually go once a year, but this past summer the kids and I stayed home. I just wasn't having it. So my husband went by himself. Like I said...too much of a good thing. For me, I'm happy with a couple weeks in Wildwood, truth be told.

Yes!! In 2010 I was in Trapani. It's close to Agrigento, which is where we stay. The salt there is unbelieveable. uhwhat It's great you still have family there. It's really beautiful.

And to answer your last question, I struggle to speak proper Italian. I really only know Sicilian fluently. That's a shame, but it is what it is. I only grew up hearing the dialect and now that's all my husband and his family speak, so I never learned proper.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.