Cute story, jvanley. I'm glad you enjoyed our fair city, but I can't say I'm ever gonna visit Kansas tongue grin.

I just want to point out that the Bamontes are as straight as an arrow as a family. They've been in business for like five generations, and they still work twelve hours a day. That takes a tremendous work ethic. Picking up a gun does not.

I used to represent the funeral directors at D'Arienzo Funeral Home, which is just around the corner on Skillman Avenue. Whenever I'd have business there, I'd have lunch at Bamonte's. As a matter of fact, I think I've posted about it in the food threads on this site.

And yes, wiseguys have always frequented the place. But so have cops and politicians. Police Commissioner Ray Kelly eats there twice a week. I've personally seen him there a few times. My point is, you never would have gotten hurt in that place, JV. Never. So now maybe you can sleep tonight lol.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.