Originally Posted By: tt120
Also Brasco being a part of the 3 capos hit - we all know that didnt happen

I didn't know that until a while after originally seeing the movie. Though due to SOP for an undercover it doesn't surprise me that once he entered the basement where the 3 were already dead he raised no objections. Though I'm curious to think what Pistone would have done if they trusted him enough to be in the room while it happened (which they obviously never asked him to be a part of it). His quote of risking his life to save the life of a civilian vs. no objection on potentially being involved or witnessing the killing of a wiseguy is definitely an admirable thinking of life.

Quote:

but portraying them as middle class hustlers constantly looking for a score.. I buy that totally

Easily, by far my favorite part of the movie. That's why I think it was so good. Those New York style town homes made of brick that are above the garage --- not Tony Soprano/Corleone-esque mansions and compounds.

A Bronx Tale, is an extremely sentimental movie for me. I've grown up my whole life in Southern California, but the Italian-American way of life and living that I saw in that movie when I first saw it on cable TV in elementary school, has always given me ethnic identity in a place that I feel more physically and mentally like a Mexican.

Last edited by Nicholas; 01/07/12 02:39 AM.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer