Originally Posted By: eurodave
I can tell you that those 4 men arrested are but a small fraction of some other big names still on the street, besides the obvious Di Maulo brothers, Cotronis, Volpato, Vanelli, Mucci, Gallo etc...

Most of these guys are in their sixties and seventies now. It's isn't clear that the remaining Cotronis are still actively involved in organized crime. I don't remember reading anywhere about the Cotronis involvement. Doesn't mean that they aren't, but I'm just saying.

Quote:
Pietrantonio was close to Lopresti and they were part of the Arcuri-Montagna alliance. Arcuri was actually the next guy they were gonna hit, the police even warned him.

I have yet to read one news article that stated Pietrantonio was on Montagna's side. I keep finding it interesting how someone one this board stated Montagna was looking to kill Suzuki and that Suzuki might be hit next.

I'm theorizing that LoPresti might have initially joined Montagna, along with Suzuki, but that they later distanced themselves from Montagna when he was involved in killing Rizzuto. One news article stated that Pietrantonio visisted Nick Rizzuto's funeral, and LoPresti's funeral was organized by Loreto. Montagna made several trips to Ontario (Hamilton and Toronto) and visisted Nick Rizzuto one week before he was killed. Also, his funeral wasn't organized by Loreto.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."