Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
The so called Calabrians AKA old Cotroni faction are now stronger because many of the Rizzuto's muscle are in jail.

I wonder on which side Rocco Sollecito is now. Apparantly, the police also warned him some time ago that his life was in danger. We haven't heard from him since then. I think some of these guys are keeping a low profile until Rizzuto is released.

They are stronger mainly because they`ve operated under the radar for so long and were able to prosper while the Rizzuto clan was constantly under siege by law enforcement. Arcuri and the remaining Sicilians grew in courage mainly because of Montagna`s arrival. It`s not everyday that a Bonnano boss comes to Montreal, but like many have said before me, there is a clear reason he chose Montreal over Italy when the U.S. goverment deported him.

It`s interesting that so many elements and groups were behind the fall of the Rizzuto empire, but eliminating such big names does require some sort of external approval, which according to sources came from Ontario mainly, but NYC should be included without a doubt.