Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Why would the government tell you what to eat? Are there food police in your supermarket or local restaurants? I can't believe that people really want to criticize the President and First Lady for advising people to eat healthy. Let's ask Bill Clinton, who ate fast food all the time as President and then had bypass surgery, if he would like to see McDonald's offer alternatives.

Exactly. But such criticism is directed at the President (not toward government) for political or emotional reasons. In fact, the Food and Drug Administration has been advising Americans about what to eat at least all my life. The Five Food Groups goes back to the late 19th century. It's all good advice. Indirectly, the FDA has been telling people what to consume through its regulation of food additives, etc.

In the end, there are people who don't like the President for whatever reason or who buy into the right-wing myth about the nefarious government out there just buying up all the black helicopters it can get its hands on (and with borrowed money no less)

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."