So here we are, a week before Christmas. Another duo, another trio, another trade, another contender, new champion and runner-up, huge salaries, and one David Stern. Game is on.

* What's cooking in Angels city? Chris Paul teams up with Blake Griffin. Watch out Lakers!!

* The German superstar is still hungry, but half his team are goners. Can the Mavs repeat? don't count on it just yet.

* HEAT will compete, but who gives a shit? the world and his mother. The fans and the haters. The press. The mess. Nothing less.

* How long will it take for the Knicks to gel and form some dynasty? will it ever happen?

* is it the year of the raging Bulls? the young Thunders or Grizzlies? the good ol Celtics? too many names and contenders...and yet we're all still waiting for Superman.

I don't like players like Howard in this game. If you're big and you're ALSO a great bball player, then all is well. But Howard is all body and zero talent. I fall asleep watching him play. If all players had a body like his, he wouldn't have made it past D-League.

I just find it ridiculous that he's considered as one of the best players in the game.

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)