Quote:

Whether or not Morello started the Genovese Family is up to debate, I guess.
But lke I mentioned in an earlier post, Morello and a very small number of his previous followers joined the Masseria Mafia group in the early 1920s.
During that time, Masseria was very successful in merging with mainland Italians, creating a powerful Mafia Family.
When Lucky Luciano took over in 1931, close to only Lucky (among the highranking members in that Family), was of Sicilian descent. Even in the early 1960s, the Luciano Family (now the Genovese Family) was dominated by Neopolitans and Calabreses.

Let´s take a look at the top members heritage in the early 1960s.

Vito Genovese (Neopolitan),
Jerry Catena (Neopolitan),
Mike Miranda (Neopolitan),
Tommy Ryan (Neopolitan),
Tony Bender (Neopolitan),
Rocco Pellegrino (Calabrese),
Tommy Greco (Sicilian),
Richie Boiardo (Neopolitan),
Mike Coppola (Neopoltan),
Angelo (Ray the Gyp) DeCarlo (?),
Generoso Del Duca (Neopolitan),
Jimmy (Blue Eyes) Alo (Calabrese),
Tony (the Shiek) Carillo (Neopolitan),
Carmine Bove (Neopolitan),
Vicenzo (Jimmy Demino) Generoso (?),
Cosmo (Gus) Frasca (Sicilian),
Eugene Catena (Neopolitan),
Joe (Beck) Lapi (?),
Frank Costello, Genovese´s predecessor as boss, (Calabrese).

I´m not dissing your argument on current Genovese members, simply because I dont know their heritage. But as you can see, the early Genovese Family was dominated by mainland Italians.

honestly, don't proof lying to me i know far more than you in this field
the so called genovese family was formed by sicilians, vito genovese was the boss only for a couple of years since the real boss was lucky luciano until he died in 1962 although little know about this fact...
anyway you are wrong about several of this guys since jerry and eugene catena mike miranda cosimo frasca vinny generoso joe lapi and angelo de carlo are sicilians