Quote:
That's news to me.

In the Gambino family, Cefalu is from the "Sicilian wing" but he has been in the U.S. for decades and was made into the Gambino family in 1990. Squitieri and Vernace aren't part of the Sicilian faction.

In the Bonanno family, Badalamenti is also a local guy. As is Graziano (if he's still consigliere). And even Montagna only lived in Sicily briefly before coming to the U.S. as a kid, later getting made into the Bonanno family in 1989.

For all the talk over the years about the zips taking over the local families, there hasn't been much evidence of it. Like I said, a handful have risen high up but that's it. In fact, you can probably count them on one hand - Sal Catalano and Sal Montagna for the Bonannos. John Gambino and Dom Cefalu for the Gambinos. Frank Guarraci in Jersey. Stanfa in Philadelphia.

ok, listen carefully
gambino actual top dogs: john gambino, joe gambino, frank cali, dom cefalu all zips
bonanno top dogs: sal catalano, vinny tv, vito grimaldi, vinny asaro all zips
genovese family: reputed top dog silvio de vita zip
decavalcante top dog: francesco guarraci zip

Quote:

Are you talking about Genovese Jersey capo Silvio Devita? The latest reports, for what they're worth, have the top guys as Mangano, Bellomo, Muscarello, and Dentico. All local guys.

yeah i'm talking about him, these reports are old... i suppose he is the top dog know since the zips want it

Quote:

I agree that Cosa Nostra has a bigger presence in the U.S. And it may still have in Canada although that could be changing. The 'Ndrangheta has just as strong, if not stronger, presence in South America now; including better drug connections. The 'Ndrangheta is certainly bigger in Australia. In Africa it's probably a toss up. But most importantly, the 'Ndrangheta is stronger in Italy and in Europe as a whole.

cosa nostra is by far stronger than ndrangheta in Us and Canada, it's stronger in south america (the badalamenti's visrtually control half brazil)and africa (don vito virtually control half south africa)... the ndrangheta is stronger in europe as a whole ok but cosa nostra is stronger worldwide too me

Quote:
Even without getting caught up in exact percentages, it's obvious the 'Ndrangheta has taken the dominant role in the drug trade as far as Italian OC is considered. While the Sicilians have been marginalized compared to where they were in the past. During Provenzano's reign, there were a lot of reports how the Cosa Nostra in Sicily began to focus more on local rackets such as public works contracts, extortion, etc.

cosa nostra us involved in drugs too although less than ndrangheta, but you forget in italy the mafias get litterally billions (even more than drugs) from fields like public works, waste disposal and gambling where cosa nostra is more entrenched in

Quote:
Huh? Not to keep harping on you, m2w, but I don't know where you're getting this. The 'Ndrangheta, like the Cosa Nostra and Camorra, is heavily involved in legitimate sectors of the economy. They have to have somewhere to invest their money from drugs, extortion, weapons trafficking, etc.

i didn't say ndrangheta is not involved in legitimate sectors of course it is, it litterally rules the whole calabria economy... i meant that the crime family in italy never become entireli legitimate even when they are multibillionaire they remain involved in the underwold