I've written before that I really don't like the Margaret character and this episode just made me dislike her even more. She's not stupid. She knows what Nucky is and what he does. She has chosen to be with him.

Asking him questions about why he was out and where he was forces him to lie. He lies well of course, being Nucky, but still. Did she really want him to say
"Yeah, I was out late. I personally put two bullets in the head of my surrogate son. He had it coming though. What's for breakfast, hon?"

And presumably confessing her and Nucky's sins to the priest but neglecting to let Nucky know she slept with his bodyguard is foul. What's worse is signing over Nucky's property to the church. She may see herself as conscientious but I see her the way her brother did-just as big of a phony as anybody else-worse in some respects because she uses religion to try to make other people feel guilty.

Is Nucky (the character, not the real life version) now a full fledged gangster? He's ordered and committed murder personally. And yet he gave his brother a pass.

The Gillian character finally managed to come across as sympathetic when she noticed that her grandson had Jimmy's dog tags and what that meant.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.