Great find Gerry, I hadn't seen the photo of Profeta. And Edmund, thanks too, that last photo of Gaggi Im pretty sure I hadn't seen yet.

Originally Posted By: Brooklyn_11234
Amazing how you never know who lives next door. Harvey "Chris" Rosenberg lived on my block in Brooklyn. He was approximately 5 years older than me. I was friends with his younger brothers. The block we lived on was 95% Jewish, not predominantly Italian like is written in Wikipedia.

I never knew this side of "Chris"! He was just a very normal person in his public life. When he was shot and had his jaw disfigured I was told he grew the beard to cover the injury from a car accident. No he didn't drive an IROC but he did have some cool cars in his short life. He drove a 1972 El Camino SS 454 with a 4 speed, a 1958 Corvette, an older silver Ferrari and a couple of motorcycles. One was a BSA and I think he also may have had a Triumph. I once saw him extinguish a carburetor fire in the Vette with his leather jacket,lol. He also had a friend with a cool 1965 GTO with tri-power. Chris was actually a real nice guy in my eyes. What a surprise when I stumbled on all this some 35-40 years later.
Also "Broadway Freddie DeName" was sort of a legend in Brooklyn. Rumor had it that the cops closed off Foster ave. in Brooklyn and let him run his dragster for a crowd and he even got to pull the chute! Reading the post about Freddie mooning people in Canarsie I had to laugh because I was also one of those people that rode around in Canarsie mooning people. It was all the rage back then,lol!

Great story. Thanks for sharing Brooklyn. You hear so many guys on mob forums going on about how they knew this guy or that guy, in this case your story has a definite ring of truth IMO. Especially since you're not making any outlandish claims, just saying what you did and what you knew.

Its so easy to forget in these cases, knowing all we do about certain guys, that they like anyone else had family, friends and neighbours who had no inkling as to what was really going on beneath the surface.

Thanks again. Please keep posting. smile

(cough.)