Amazing how you never know who lives next door. Harvey "Chris" Rosenberg lived on my block in Brooklyn. He was approximately 5 years older than me. I was friends with his younger brothers. The block we lived on was 95% Jewish, not predominantly Italian like is written in Wikipedia.

I never knew this side of "Chris"! He was just a very normal person in his public life. When he was shot and had his jaw disfigured I was told he grew the beard to cover the injury from a car accident. No he didn't drive an IROC but he did have some cool cars in his short life. He drove a 1972 El Camino SS 454 with a 4 speed, a 1958 Corvette, an older silver Ferrari and a couple of motorcycles. One was a BSA and I think he also may have had a Triumph. I once saw him extinguish a carburetor fire in the Vette with his leather jacket,lol. He also had a friend with a cool 1965 GTO with tri-power. Chris was actually a real nice guy in my eyes. What a surprise when I stumbled on all this some 35-40 years later.
Also "Broadway Freddie DeName" was sort of a legend in Brooklyn. Rumor had it that the cops closed off Foster ave. in Brooklyn and let him run his dragster for a crowd and he even got to pull the chute! Reading the post about Freddie mooning people in Canarsie I had to laugh because I was also one of those people that rode around in Canarsie mooning people. It was all the rage back then,lol!

Last edited by Brooklyn_11234; 12/01/11 05:03 PM.