Originally Posted By: TonyG

I understand your point, but just because there are not a significant number of seizures going south does not mean it is not happening. There was an article in the papers here in Texas about the Mexican cartels (Sinaloa and Gulf) creating cells / networks all over the US and Canada. As I mentioned above, they are using fishing vessels, mid sea transfers to US and Canadian fishing vessels, which land in the Pacific Northwest, Eastern Seaboard and Canada, with most of it ear marked for the US markets. I think it was mostly cocaine, heroin and meth distribution.

I will try to find a reference for you.

I'm not saying that drugs never finds it's way from the Italian guys up in Montreal to the Italian guys in NY. But I would think there would be more evidence of it if it was on the scale many assume it is. Especially if it was big enough to be a major factor in the war going on up in Montreal.

I can only think of a few cases involving drugs being shipped south. There was Vinny Basciano's crew smuggling marijuana. There was also marijuana being shipped down to Florida but I don't recall who that involved. I can't think of a single case involving cocaine or heroin. There was a case involving Matthew Guglielmetti of the Patriarca family but they were smuggling cocaine up to Canada.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.