Originally Posted By: TonyG

Ivy, let's agree to disagree. smile

I just do not see this being a beef over construction extortion or bookmaking.

I think it is drugs and power.

I think those smuggling routes have been in frequent use since Prohibition. I think the Canadian LCN / OC has plenty of contacts in South America and in Europe to move cocaine, heroine, etc into Canada and subsequently down into the US. That is their pipeline, no? Don't some of the Canadians have blood relatives in South America?

The Caruna - Contrera org (among other Canadian OC) has been smuggling forever. We both know the Bonannos have been neck deep in junk since the 50's.

Those smuggling routes were used back when the Italians dominated the heroin trade. But that really hasn't been the case for the last 25 years here in the U.S. And they were never in a position to control cocaine or marijuana here. Once again, the Italians importing and controlling a big chunk of the drug trade in Montreal is one thing. But there's little evidence to suggest Montreal or Toronto is being by the Italians as a way station for drugs to New York. Look at the DEA seizures involving drugs going north as opposed to drugs going south. Except for marijuana and ecstasy, which involve other groups more, there is no comparison.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.