Thanks for all the prayers and well-wishes concerning my grandmother. She has recovered better than anyone thought she would, and doesn't look like she's going anywhere for a very long time.

In much sadder news, my grandfather passed away yesterday. I'm sure some of you remember that a little over a year ago I mentioned that my grandfather had been diagnosed with prostate cancer that had spread to his bones. He wasn't supposed to live past Thanksgiving 2010. He lived through Thanksgiving 2011, and quietly passed away the next day, surrounded by family.

I can't even begin to express how saddened I am by his loss. He was a truly great man, and someone whom I'd like to pattern myself after. He had a tough, no-nonsense demeanor on the outside, but once you got to know him, he was a friend for life, and the best grandfather I could ever ask for. As sad as I am, I feel a sense of relief knowing that he is finally at peace, and pain free. Even still, I miss him terribly, and selfishly, I wish I could have him back.

Goodbye Pop-Pop, I love you.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis