Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Van Alden saying "I did it for you" has to be the best line of the night.
WHY in the world would Van Alden let ANYONE know where he was keeping Lucy? I guess he's really not a player... whistle
I finally recognized Dominic Chianese.
There's so much attention placed on Dharmody's strange relationship with his mom (kissing on the lips, clingy). Something big is going to happen there.
The Margaret Schroeder character is becoming very unlikable.

Ha ha ha. Yes Lilo I shouted out at the tv when Van Alden said "I did it for you." mad What an asshole.

I agree with you on Margaret. She's becoming somewhat bitchy and maybe power hungry. The way she yelled at the sitter about her "inappropriate" behavior with the young suitor was uncalled for, even in those days IMHO. rolleyes
TIS

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Originally Posted By: Lilo

The Margaret Schroeder character is becoming very unlikable.

I'm starting to like her more each episode. smile

It is of course part of the beauty of art and the fun of the show that the same character can evince such different thoughts from viewers. lol

It seems as if Margaret Schroeder is just as big of a kept woman as Lucy ever was. The difference is that she convinces herself that she's doing it for the "cheeeeldrunnnn".

IIRC she argued against Nucky giving a raise /bonus to the help and then kept the money herself. She's very unpleasant to the young Katie (is that the maid's name??) out of apparent sexual jealousy. Her cunning retrieval of Nucky's money and records was done more to keep her own ride on the gravy train secure than out of any love/fidelity towards Nucky.

Were I Nucky and a woman I had rescued from drab obscurity ever had the nerve to lecture me about, well ANYTHING, I might just open the door and simply tell her "Nice knowing you. Here's your old life back." tongue I think Nucky likes her because she is smarter and stronger than Lucy but her self-righteousness and hypocrisy is a bit much sometimes.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.